top of page

Kansas City Parent Representation

Child Abuse or Neglect

If your child has been removed from your home due to allegations of abuse or neglect, you need an attorney who is experienced with not only the court process, but also the social services system.  These cases are lengthy, involve several different people making decisions for your family, and can lead to unwanted results if you are not adequately represented.  Herrin Law Firm will work with you, your family, and the system to try to restore some sense of normalcy in your family life.

Read More

Termination of Parental Rights

A parent's right to raise his or her child is a fundamental liberty interest protected by the U.S. Constitution.  Among other things, it includes the ability to maintain contact with your child and to make decisions regarding your child's upbringing and medical treatment.  Nevertheless, there are certain circumstances where the government can step in and take it all away.  The result for you is a permanent end to your legal parent-child relationship.  The ultimate result for your child, however, could be adoption by some other family or spending the rest of his or her childhood in the foster care system.  These matters are too serious to be left up to chance, so hire an attorney experienced in handling termination of parental rights cases.

Read More

Child Abuse /TPR Appeals

The right to appeal a trial court's judgment is an important part of the American legal system.  If you are considering an appeal from a child abuse/neglect or termination of parental rights case, you will need to act fast.  And, hiring an attorney who understands not only the substantive law, but also appellate procedure, will be crucial to your outcome.

Jackson County Attorneys

Many Kansas City attorneys are appointed to handle Jackson County Family Court cases, which include each of the above types of matters.  The Herrin Law Firm welcomes inquiries to contract out these appointments, which is permissible under 16th Circuit Court Local Rule 21.6.1(7).

Click here if you have been appointed to represent a parent or juvenile in the Jackson County Family Court.

bottom of page